SONAR (Sex and Kidnap Offender Notification and Registration)
NOTE: You must click on the "continue" button below to use this web site.
Utah Code Ann. § 77-41 mandates the Department to disseminate to the public specific information contained in the registry. The Department chooses to meet this demand via this web site.
Before entering the web site, please read the following information:
- Though much of the information is of record, some of the information contained on the site is obtained from offenders and the department does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.
- The information contained on this site does not imply listed individuals will commit a specific type of crime in the future, nor does it imply that if a future crime is committed by a listed individual what the nature of that crime may be and the Department makes no representation as to any offender's likelihood of re-offending;
- If you believe that information on the web site is incorrect, please contact the Utah Department of Corrections, Sex Offender Registration Program at (801) 495-7700, or sending email to [email protected].
- Pursuant to Utah Code Ann. Section 77-41-110(1) members of the public are not allowed to use the information to harass or threaten offenders or members of their families; and harassment, stalking, or threats against offenders or their families are prohibited and doing so may violate Utah criminal laws.
You must agree to the terms & conditions!
Utah Code Ann. § 77-41, The Sex and Kidnap Offender Registry requires the Utah Department of Corrections to develop, operate and maintain a registry of persons who have been convicted of certain offenses. Those offenses are listed in Utah Code Ann. 77-41-102(9) and (16) of the statute.
For Sex Offender Registration Locations
Registration is also required of individuals who are committed to the Utah State Hospital by reason of their mental condition and who also have committed or been alleged to have committed any of the listed offenses.
Offenders convicted in the State of Utah of the offenses listed below may be eligible to petition the court for early removal from the registry 5 years after completion of the sentence. Contact the State of Utah, Bureau of Criminal Identification at (801) 965-4445 ext. #8 for further information. Certain restrictions apply.
- 76-5-301 Kidnapping
- 76-5-304 Unlawful detention
- 76-5-401 Unlawful sexual activity with a minor (eligible only if at the time of the offense the offender was not more than 10 years older than the
- 76-4-401 Enticing a Minor (Class A misdemeanor offenses only)
- 76-9-702.7 Voyeurism (Class A misdemeanor offenses only)
- 76-5-401.2 Unlawful Sexual Conduct with a 16 or 17 year old (eligible only if at the time of the offense the offender was not more than 15 years older than the victim)